Notice to Schools 12/2017 − 15 February 2017
Initial Enrolment data due Monday 27 February 2017
Principals/Directors, VASS Administrators and VCE, VET and VCAL Coordinators
Schools are reminded that the Initial Enrolment data for VCE, VET and VCAL is due Monday 27 February 2017.
The data submitted should include:
- VCE Units 1 to 4
- VCAL Certificates and VCAL units
- VET Certificates and units of competency
- Registration of IB students (Year 11 and 12).
Initial Enrolment data is used for initial planning associated with the GAT and VCE examinations, to determine the School-based Assessment Audit, and for Department of Education and Training (DET) reporting purposes.
As part of this process, schools must ensure that students have completed and signed the relevant Student Personal Details Form. These forms can be generated from VASS, pre-populated with student details for continuing students, or printed blank for new students.
Please refer to the Initial Enrolment 2017 instructions (docx - 70.86kb) for details.
- ensure VCE, VET and VCAL coordinators and VASS administrators are aware of the Initial Enrolment requirements and due date.
Monday 27 February 2017 − Initial Enrolment data due
Although Initial Enrolment data is technically 'Not a Final Date for Enrolments', schools are strongly advised to finalise their VCE Unit 3 and 4 enrolments as well as enrolments in units of competency from scored VCE VET Unit 3−4 sequences as a first priority.
It is critical that schools finalise VCE and scored VCE VET Unit 3–4 enrolment data by this date as this data will be used in the development of the 2017 VCE examination timetable.
Schools should also attempt to have as many of their VCE Units 1 and 2, unscored VET/FE and VCAL enrolments entered on VASS by Monday 27 February 2017.
The following enrolments must be finalised by Monday 1 May 2017, the last day for enrolments and withdrawals for:
- VCE Unit 3 and 4 sequences
- units of competency enrolments from scored VCE VET Unit 3−4 sequences
- International Baccalaureate students for the GAT
- returning Interrupted Studies students enrolments.