Notice to Schools 39/2017 − 19 April 2017
VCE, VET, VCAL and IB Enrolment data
Principals/Directors, VASS administrators and VCE, VCAL, VET and International Baccalaureate (IB) coordinators
Schools are reminded that the last day for VCE units 3 and 4 (including VCE Baccalaureate), VCE VET, VCAL and IB enrolment is on Monday 1 May 2017. This data will be used to finalise the 2017 VCE Examination Timetable.
After this date VASS
will not allow schools to:
- enrol in VCE Unit 3 and 4 sequences or withdraw from Unit 3
- enrol in Units of Competency (UoCs) for VCE VET scored Unit 3 and 4 sequences (refer to VCE and VCAL Administrative Handbook 2017 to check which VCE VET programs offer scored assessment at Unit 3 and 4 level)
- register or unregister IB students (note that all IB students, both Year 11 and Year 12, need to be registered)
- enrol returning Interrupted Studies students
- enter partnership details for VCE Unit 3 and Unit 3 and 4 combined School-based Assessment.
Note: All VCE or VCAL students completing a scored VCE VET 3 and 4 sequence are required to sit the GAT.
Assessment plans do not need to be finalised until Friday 18 August.
- ensure that coordinators and VASS administrators enter the required enrolment data in VASS by the due date.
Monday 1 May 2017 − Enrolment data due
Schools are strongly advised to have the majority of their VCE Units and VCE VET Units 3 and 4 (VES), VET Further Education Certificates (VET/FE) and VCAL enrolments entered on VASS by Monday 1 May 2017.
This includes enrolments in approved senior secondary re-engagement programs (Community and Satellite VCAL).
Targeted VET Funding
Please note to be eligible for targeted VET funding, government schools MUST enter all VET enrolments at UOC level on VASS by Monday 1 May 2017. The Department of Education and Training will use VET enrolment on VASS at this date to determine allocation of targeted VET funding for terms 3 and 4, 2017.
Information regarding VET targeted funding is available on the
Department of Education and Training website.
Catholic Education Office Melbourne (CEOM) and Independent Schools Victoria (ISV) also use enrolment data on VASS to assist in determining funding for schools in their respective sectors.
The VCAA is not responsible for funding. Please use the link above to access further information in relation to VET or senior secondary re-engagement program funding for government schools.
Enrolments for students undertaking certificates as part of a school-based or part-time apprenticeship or traineeship do not have to be finalised by Monday 1 May 2017.
Any queries regarding enrolments or partnerships should be directed to the Student Records and Results Unit:
- VCE, VET and VCAL Enrolments – (03) 9032 1756, (03) 9032 1754 or (03) 9032 1755
- VCE Unit 3 and 4 Partnership enquiries – (03) 9032 1744
Alternatively, email enquiries to
email@example.com or fax to (03) 9032 1591.
Any queries regarding VASS should be directed to (03) 9032 1758 or 1800 623 681. Alternatively, email enquiries to
firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 9032 1591.
Administrators should refer to the Last day for VCE units 3 & 4 and VET unit 3 & 4 enrolments 2017, please see VCE, VET and VCAL Student Eligibility Checklist (docx - 75.48kb).