Notice to Schools 74/2017 − 19 July 2017
NAPLAN 2017 reporting
Principals/Directors, all F–10 NAPLAN Schools, NAPLAN Coordinators
NAPLAN 2017 reports
The NAPLAN reports will be delivered to schools in the week commencing 14 August 2017.
NAPLAN 2017 reporting consists of:
- the NAPLAN school reporting package which includes a printed Individual Student Report for each student who participated in the NAPLAN 2017 and a report information brochure for parents
- the NAPLAN Data Service which provides access to the full suite of reports showing school, state and some national data.
Please note that the NAPLAN Data Service will be unavailable between Tuesday 1 August and Monday 14 August in order for the VCAA to load the NAPLAN 2017 reports.
For security purposes NAPLAN Data Service passwords are changed annually. All schools will receive a letter containing their new NAPLAN Data Service password in the week beginning 31 July 2017.
NAPLAN Writing test images
Victorian schools can access images of their students’ NAPLAN Writing test responses to assist with interpretation of their NAPLAN writing results. Downloaded images of the writing responses are also used by teachers to provide feedback to students on their NAPLAN writing performance.
The writing test images will be available via the NAPLAN Test Administration website. Access to the images will be provided from 15 August 2017, which will coincide with the release of NAPLAN 2017 Data Service. The images will be available for a six week period until the end of term 3.
Details on how to access the website and instructions on how to download images will be sent to school principals with the NAPLAN school reporting packages.
Please note that schools have access only to images of their own students’ Writing tests and those images are available strictly for internal school use.
- note the 2017 reporting dates
- note the unavailability of the NAPLAN Data Service for data loading
- note the arrival of the NAPLAN Data Service password letter
- note the provision of NAPLAN 2017 Writing test images via the Test Administration Website.
Week beginning 31 July 2017
- Letter sent to schools containing 2017 NAPLAN Data Service Password information.
- NAPLAN Data Service unavailable between Tuesday 1 August and Monday 14 August 2017.
Week beginning 14 August 2017
- NAPLAN School reporting package delivered to schools.
- NAPLAN Data Service made available to schools on Tuesday 15 August 2017.
- Writing test images made available to schools on Tuesday 15 August 2017.
Please call the VCAA NAPLAN Helpdesk on 1800 648 637 if you have queries about any aspects of NAPLAN 2017 or email