Victorian Curriculum F–10 online professional learning sessions
The Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority recognises the importance of support for teachers and education professionals following the transition from AusVELS to the Victorian Curriculum F–10. A series of online professional learning sessions have been designed to help schools and teachers familiarise themselves with the curriculum.
- The sessions will be presented by VCAA Curriculum Managers, specialist teachers or other specialists.
- Most sessions will commence at 3.45pm and will run for an hour.
- Each session has a maximum of 500 registrations.
- Schools are encouraged to register once for sessions they wish to attend and to organise their technical resources to attend as a group, if appropriate.
- If you are unsuccessful in securing a place, your contact details will be kept. The VCAA will let you know about any additional sessions that will be held to meet demand.
- If you are successfully registered, you will usually receive an evaluation survey and a copy of the presentation after the session.
- Recordings of the sessions are not available.
Term 4, 2017
Before clicking on a Book Now link, read this
important information about privacy. By clicking on the link to the form, you acknowledge that you have read and understood, and consent to the Collection Notice and Privacy Statement.
Primary School = Primary SchoolSecondary School
= Secondary School
Completed online sessions in 2016 and 2017
Past online professional learning sessions about the new Victorian Curriculum F–10 are now available to download from
Past professional learning sessions.
|Session/s||Presenter||Primary or Secondary||Date|
Professional Learning support - two sessions
Victorian Curriculum: Languages assessments
To support teachers interested in the Language Assessments, the VCAA is offering two additional online sessions. These sessions will guide teachers through the Language Assessments and respond to any queries teachers may have in regard to them.
|VCAA and ACER||
Primary SchoolSecondary School|
Thursday, 23 November
Thursday 28, November
Developing Indicative Progress for Civics and Citizenship
This session will focus on learning in Civics and Citizenship in the Victorian Curriculum 3-10. It will develop familiarisation with the VCAA Indicative Progress examples and gaining insight into how they inform assessment development.
This session is suitable for teachers in both primary and secondary contexts.
|Gerry Martin||Primary SchoolSecondary School|| Thursday, 16 November|