Insight Assessment Platform
The Insight Assessment Platform is an Education State initiative aimed at helping teachers assess the progress of all learners and support more targeted teaching practices.
The Insight Assessment Platform has been managed by the VCAA since August 2017 and provides a collection of quality online assessment instruments. The Platform supports high-quality assessment practices and provides teachers with specific information to target the learning needs of students through its comprehensive data analytics and instrument reporting capabilities. Students' assessment data can be reviewed by teachers for diagnostic, formative and summative assessments.
Accessing the Insight Assessment Platform (Login) page.
Mathematics Online Interview 2018 updates
29 January 2018
A number of improvements have been made to the Mathematics Online Interview for 2018. The updates include:
- Edits to improve clarity of instructions.
- Reduction of visual clutter including green highlighting, sad and smiley faces, and unnecessary free text boxes.
- Fixed branching issues based on advice from educational experts, for example, the loop in Section B has been addressed.
- Growth Point 0 will now be awarded to a student for a Section when they answer at least one question (correct or incorrect) in that Section, but not enough to achieve a Growth Point greater than 0.
- A Foundation Detour report is now available.
- Strategies are now required to be input for questions where a strategy response contributes to Growth Point calculation. A message alerting users to select a strategy will appear if the required field is left blank.