VCAL Quality Assurance Categories
All VCAL providers will be allocated to one of three categories for the purpose of VCAL quality assurance.
Category 1 provider has their Sample Assessment Task Template (SATT) validated by the QA panel. A validated template meets the following criteria:
- The task/s is at the appropriate VCAL level.
- The task/s meets the purpose statement of the strand/unit.
- The task/s enables the students to meet the learning outcomes/elements specified.
- The template demonstrates a clear distinction between activities and evidence.
- Providers have listed a variety of activities and evidence to demonstrate achievement of the elements.
- Sufficient detail has been provided in the template that will enable a teacher to deliver the proposed program with no further assistance.
- Category 1 providers are not required to attend Stage 1 or 2 QA meetings.
A provider is classified as a Category 2 if the:
- SATT is not validated by the QA panel. A template is not validated if it has not met the criteria for Category 1.
- QA panel believes the provider would benefit from additional support in the preparation of the QA template/s or in the delivery of their VCAL program. For example, the provider has previously submitted a SATT that has not been validated by the QA panel.
- A Category 2 provider is required to resubmit the template/s and attend the Stage 1 VCAL QA meeting. The QA panel may also ask some Category 2 providers to attend the Stage 2 QA meeting.
A provider is classified as a Category 3 if the:
- provider is delivering VCAL for the first time.
- teacher, in an existing VCAL provider, is teaching the VCAL unit required for QA for the first time e.g. an experienced Literacy teacher is now teaching PDS and PDS is the strand required for QA.
- provider is returning to deliver the VCAL after at least a one year break in their delivery of VCAL.
- QA panel believes the provider would benefit from additional support in the preparation of the QA template/s or in the delivery of their VCAL program. For example the provider has submitted previous SATT that has not been validated by the QA panel.
- provider did not submit a template/s for QA.
A Category 3 provider is required to resubmit the template/s and attend both Stage 1 and Stage 2 VCAL QA meetings.
VCAL Category Flowchart (pdf - 91.76kb)