• HOME >
  • Replacement certificates and results

Replacement Certificates and Results

The VCAA offers a service where students may obtain a Replacement Certificate, Statement of Results, or VET Statement of Results.

PLEASE NOTE: The VCAA will not under any circumstance provide any results via email, phone or fax. Requests for results in an electronic format will not be accepted. In order to protect both privacy and authenticity, all certificate and result transcripts and statements will be provided in hardcopy only.

The VCAA does not hold ATAR/ENTER information. Please see ATAR link below.

Applicants must allow sufficient time for delivery of replacement documents, in addition to VCAA processing time. The VCAA is not responsible for any delay in delivery, misdirection or non-delivery of documents, and is not liable for any loss, damage or other consequences arising from any delay in delivery, misdirection or non-delivery.

Please take steps to ensure you are ordering the appropriate statement and certificate that satisfy your requirement. We will process your orders in good faith however we will not provide refunds when the wrong document has been ordered.

Explanatory Notes
Details about VCE and Other Statements of Results, obtaining replacements, payments and delivery.

Back to Top

Application for Replacement of Results Form

Online Form

Complete the Application for Replacement of Results form online.

The VCAA do not take applications by phone. Submitting the application form online requires you to complete payment with a credit card.

Note: if you are having difficulties submitting the form online please post/fax in the hardcopy form:

Hardcopy Form

Download the Application for Replacement of Results Form (pdf - 476.21kb) and return it in person, by mail or fax to:

Level 1, 2 Lonsdale Street
Melbourne VIC 3000

Fax: (03) 9032 1591

To apply:

  1. Complete and sign the application form yourself.
  2. You must pay your processing fee with your application.
  3. Allow 7 days for processing (or a 24 hours priority service is available for an additional fee). 

Back to Top

Results Available

The Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority does not hold all school results. Below is a table of results held.


RecordYears Held
Intermediate (Year 10)1931 – 1967
Leaving (Year 11)1931 – 1972
Matriculation (Year 12)1934 – 1969
Higher School Certificate (HSC) (Year 12)1970 – 1986
Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL) Years 11 and 122002 - present
Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) Year 12 only1987 – 1990
Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) Years 11 and 121991 – present
Tertiary Orientation Program (TOP)1975 – 1986
School Tertiary Certificate (STC) and Technical Year 12 (T12)1984 – 1990

Note: The VCAA does not hold records for Intermediate (Year 10) after 1967.

Back to Top

ATAR (formerly known as ENTER)

If you require your ATAR, go to the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (www.vtac.edu.au) website.

Back to Top

Interpreting the Statement of Results

Information about the unit results, grades and study scores listed on the Statement of Results.

Back to Top

Example Certificates and Statements

For larger examples of the certificates, click the links below the images.




Please read the Explanatory Notes for further information.