Music Investigation Units 3-4
Accreditation period - 2017-2021
The Accreditation period will expire on 31 December 2021.
The VCE Music Study Design comprises:
Private Providers of VCE Music
Information for private providers seeking authorisation to offer VCE Music
- Study Design (pdf - 690.84kb)
Details on areas of study, outcomes and assessment for all Music Units 2017-2021.
- Advice for teachers (docx - 331.85kb) (April 2017)
Contains advice about assessment and designing teaching and learning activities for Units 1-4.
A list of suitable resources for Music 2017-2021. Available in Term 1 2017
- Study Summary (docx - 109.49kb)
A summary of the VCE Music Study Design for 2017-2021.
- Summary of Changes (docx - 119.12kb)
A summary of changes for the VCE Music Study Design 2017-2021.
- 2017 Prescribed List of Group Works (doc - 923kb)
This list is for use in Units 3-4 Music Investigation and Units 3-4 Music Performance. Information about specific study design and examination requirements is included in the introduction.
- 2017 Prescribed List of Notated Solo Works
This edition of the Prescribed List is for use for Music Performance and Music Investigation from 1 January 2017.
- Music Investigation Topic approval form (docx - 107.4kb)
This form is used by the VCAA to confirm that students have selected an Investigation Topic of appropriate depth and breadth. Forms should be submitted via VASS by 5.00pm on Wednesday 1 March.
- Investigation Topic Approval notes and guidelines (docx - 119.55kb)
- 2017 Music Investigation Alternative Works Application Form (docx - 111.64kb)
- 2017 Music Investigation Alternative Works Guidelines and Criteria (docx - 102.1kb)
For students who wish to perform works other than those in the prescribed list of works.
- 2017 Music Investigation Alternative Instruments Application Form (docx - 105.91kb)
- 2017 Music Investigation Alternative Instruments Guidelines and Criteria (docx - 104.71kb)
For students who wish to select an alternative solo instrument
- Alternative Instrument Resource (docx - 274 (docx - 275.74kb)
Additional information to assist in preparation of Alternative Instruments applications for Accordion, Highland Drumming, Keyboard Percussion, Lever Harp, Organ – Electronic, Soprano Saxophone, Synthesizer, Tabla and Traditional string instruments (fretted, bowed, plucked).
Back to Top
Back to Top
- Frequently Asked Questions
Questions raised at the 2016 VCE Music implementation workshops. Available in Term 1, 2017
Back to Top
VCE Season of Excellence
An annual festival of works and performances by top VCE students. Includes information and booking details for Top Class Music, Top Class Sound and Top Acts.