1. The VCE Results and ATAR Service (the Service) is a joint service provided by the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority (VCAA) and the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC), for the purpose of providing eligible students enrolled in the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) and the Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL) with the following information:
- whether a student has been awarded the VCE or VCE (Baccalaureate);
- a list of all Year 12 studies completed in 2017, with grades and study scores ;
- whether a student has been awarded the VCAL;
- a student’s Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR);
- a student’s VTAC scaled study scores ( via this Website only).
2. The VCAA is a statutory authority continued under the Education and Training Reform Act 2006 (Vic), responsible for providing high quality curriculum, assessment and reporting for all Victorian students aged 0 to 18. The VTAC is the central office that administers the application and offer process for places in tertiary courses at university, TAFE and independent tertiary colleges in Victoria (and a few outside Victoria).
3. The are three options for accessing this information as part of the Service:
- this Website;
- mobile app;
- by mail. Please note that VCE and VCAL Statements of Results and ATAR Statements will arrive in the mail from Monday 18 December 2017. VCE and VCAL certificates are distributed by schools and colleges, rather than mailed with results.
5. The information provided on the Website and mobile app is not intended as a substitute for the Statement of Results issued by the VCAA and/or an ATAR Statement issued by VTAC, and must not be used, relied upon or provided to any third party as if it were an official statement from the VCAA and/or VTAC.
6. While every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided via the Website and/or mobile app is accurate, correct and current at the time of publication, the VCAA and the VTAC will not accept any liability for any loss or damage which may be incurred by any person acting in reliance upon the information. Users are advised to obtain independent advice before acting on any information provided, and to await provision of the VCAA Statement of Results and/or ATAR Statement.
7. To the extent permitted by law, the VCAA and the VTAC, their employees, agents and consultants exclude all liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of, or reliance on, the information provided via the Website and/or mobile app, whether or not caused by any negligent act or omission. If any law prohibits the exclusion of such liability, the VCAA and the VTAC limit their liability to the extent permitted by law, to the resupply of the information.
8. The VCAA and VTAC provide no warranty to users that the Website and/or moible app will be available uninterrupted or error-free or that defects in the service will be corrected. You should satisfy yourself that you have appropriate protection against computer viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature whilst using this Website, and that your connection to the Website is secure. You acknowledge and agree that the VCAA and the VTAC will not be under any liability to you for any loss of damage, whether by negligence or otherwise, that arises in any way from the use of the Website and/or mobile app.
9. Use of the Website and mobile app is free of charge, and available 24 hours a day from 7am Friday 15 December 2017 until 5.00pm, Tuesday 19 December 2017.
10. To access the Website, you will need your VCAA student number and your four digit PIN. You agree to keep your four digit PIN confidential (that is, you will not provide it to any other person), that you are responsible for any activities undertaken using your VCAA student number and PIN, and that you are responsible for any loss or damage resulting from use of your PIN by a third party.
11. Tampering with, doctoring or attempting to alter a screen shot, or electronic record may expose you to criminal investigation and prosecution. If the VCAA and/or VTAC become aware of any such activity, the police will be contacted.
12. You agree to immediately notify the VCAA of any unauthorised use of your student number and/or PIN or any other breach of security of which you become aware.
13. By accessing this Website and/or mobile app to receive your results, you accept that any disputes about this website and/or mobile app are to be decided by the courts having jurisdiction in Victoria.
14. If you have VCE results and ATAR questions you should contact the Post Results and ATAR Service (PRAS). The PRAS has been set up to assist you with any questions you may have about your VCE results and/or your ATAR. The PRAS does not provide actual results or the ATAR. If you would like to speak to someone about your VCE results or ATAR please telephone (03) 9032 1717 (metro callers) or 1800 653 080 (free call) or email email@example.com.
15. . For further information about the joint results service please visit http://resultsandatar.wordpress.com, for information about the VCAA, visit http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au. For further information about VTAC, visit: http://www.vtac.edu.au.