VCE and VCAL Administrative Handbook 2015
About the Handbook
This publication is an all-inclusive guide for principals, teachers and administrators outlining the rules, regulations and policies governing the delivery of the VCE and VCAL.
Hyperlinked text (underlined with dots) is used to show policy changes and clarifications, and is linked to the VCE and VCAL Administrative Handbook 2015: Summary of Changes, which lists together in one single document all the significant changes for 2015.
Note that Special Provision administrative procedures have been reviewed. Information about the changes will be published in 2015.
In addition please see the Important Administrative Dates and the 2015 Assessment Schedule.
Download the complete Handbook
The VCE and VCAL Administrative Handbook 2015 (pdf - 882.44kb) whole-book has the following interactive features:
- embedded links to external websites
- hyperlinked text indicates a change or clarification of policy
- interactive table of contents and index.
Download by sections
1. Qualifications: Victorian Certificate of Education
VCE program components, entry requirements, eligibility for award of, atypical programs, VCE Baccalaureate
2. Qualifications: Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning
VCAL program components, entry requirements, eligibility for award of, atypical programs
3. Qualifications: Vocational Education and Training
VET programs, satisfactory completion of VET programs, contribution to VCE and VCAL, documentation, Industry Pathways
4. Administrative information: Schools and providers
Schools providing the VCE or VCAL, provider obligations to the VCAA, school/provider obligations to students, when schools fail to meet their obligations to students, partnerships, maintenance of school records
5. Administrative information: The Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority
About the VCAA, VCAA obligations to schools, VCAA obligations to students, VCAA Committees and Terms of Reference
6. Administrative information: Students
Registration, VCE, VCAL and VET enrolment, International Baccalaureate Registration, Year 10 students without a program, atypical enrolment (VCE or VCAL), withdrawal from study, full-fee-paying overseas students, student observance of assessment and attendance rules, rules for School-Based Assessment, breaches and investigations, student appeals against school decisions about breaches of rules, student breach of examination rules
7. Assessment: Satisfactory completion of units
Satisfactory completion of VCE, VCAL and VET units
8. Scored assessment: School-based Assessment
Authentication, scheduling assessment tasks, determining initial School-based Assessments, VCE School-assessed Coursework, School-assessed Tasks and Externally-assessed Tasks, VCE VET School-assessed Coursework, managing score amendments, VCE School-based Assessment audit
9. Scored Assessment: External assessment
Eligibility to undertake VCE examinations, examination timetables, VCE examination administration, performance examinations and marking examinations
10. Scored Assessment: VCE & VET assessment summary
VCE studies and assessment, and VCE VET programs with scored assessment
11. Scored Assessment: General Achievement Test
Information about the General Achievement Test
12. Reporting results: Score aggregation
Study scores, statistical moderation and final grades
13. Final results: Reporting to schools
School access to final results of students, confirmation of grades, VCE data service and VCE examination results service
14. Final results: Reporting to students
Reporting VCE, VCAL, VCE VET and VET/FE, delivery of results, Post-results and ATAR service (PRAS), VCE results and ATAR service, Statement of Marks and Statement of Study Score, inspection of scripts and audio recordings, final results, replacement certificates and statements of results
Previous edition: VCE and VCAL Administrative Handbook 2014