Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Sign In Skip to Content

Become an Overseas provider

Applying to deliver the VCE

Overseas schools seeking to deliver the VCE must first contact VCAA International.

They also need to find a Victorian school to partner with. This can be done by contacting eligible Victorian schools directly, or use the services of an education agent to find potential partner schools.

Licensing and permission

Under the VCAA's partner school model, it is the Victorian partner school that must apply to the VCAA for a licence. The overseas school must have an agreement with the Victorian partner school that sets out the terms of their partnership. The overseas school does not have a direct agreement with the VCAA.

The licence application will contain detailed information about the Victorian partner school, the overseas school and the plans for the program. The overseas school must cooperate with the Victorian partner school to ensure that all necessary information is provided for the licence application.

The overseas school must seek permission from authorities in its own country. Without appropriate authorisation in the country of delivery the VCAA will not approve an application.

When all information and documentation has been gathered and the licence application is complete, the Victorian partner school will submit the application to the VCAA. The VCAA will make a decision on whether to approve the application.

Any approval granted will be conditional upon an inspection of the overseas school by the VCAA. This is to ensure that the school facilities meet the standard required for the delivery of a VCAA education program.