Being on an examination development panel is a chance to join other educators who will write and review VCE and VCE (VET) examinations, marking guidelines and supporting documents.
How to apply
Apply through the
Sessional Staff Management System (SSMS) by
Tuesday 31 August 2021.
Complete all fields with as much information as possible. If you are using SSMS for the first time, follow the registration instructions on the home screen.
What we offer you
The roles are a paid opportunity to be involved in the fair, valid and reliable assessment of Victorian students.
Gain valuable professional learning about curriculum and assessment
Enhance your skills in teaching and assessment
Build valuable state-wide experience in assessment, beyond your own school or setting
Who we are looking for
You will need:
Teaching experience in the nominated study
Knowledge of VCE curriculum and assessment policy, and of the nominated study
Relevant tertiary or education qualifications
No close connection with a student undertaking Units 3 and 4 in the nominated study
What you will do
You may apply or be selected for one of several positions that make up an examination development panel.
- Leads the other panel members
- Coordinates panel meetings
- Oversees panel responses during the development process and responds to any queries about the examination
- Makes sure the examination is accurate, meets examination specifications and is consistent with the study design requirements
- Writes questions and answers
- Reviews all examination materials
- Attends scheduled panel meetings
- Responds to reviewer reports
- Proofreads and signs off the examination (as required)
- Confirms the accuracy of the theoretical and technical content of the examination
- Checks that the examination is consistent with the study design requirements
- Writes an examination report on the accuracy of the examination content, including diagrams, wording of questions, level of demand, ability to discriminate across the ability range and weighting of different areas of the curriculum against the examination specifications
- Sits the examination, providing answers and working for all multiple-choice and short-answer questions
- Provides an answer plan for extended responses
- Writes an examination report, including comments on the clarity of questions, wording and instructions, the accuracy of content, level of difficulty, timing and space allocated for responses
History: Revolutions Context Reviewer (four positions)
- Must be an expert in one of the four contexts studied: American, French, Russian, Chinese
Ancient History Context Reviewer (three positions)
- Must be an expert in one of the three contexts studied: Ancient Egypt, Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome
- Checks that the language and terminology used within the paper is accessible to students who do not have English as their first language
- Writes an examination report
- Must have relevant qualifications and considerable expertise in writing for students who do not have English as their first language
- Appointed for each language with a listening component
- Reads the examination script in the target language.
Find out more
Watch this video to learn more about how you can get involved in VCE assessment and being an Examination Development Panel Member.
VCE Examinations Unit
tel: + 61 3 9032 1789