Notice to Schools 18/2017 − 22 February 2017
VCE VET Scored Assessment: Professional development for assessors
Principals/Directors, VET Coordinators and VET Teachers, Trainers and Assessors
In March 2017, the VCAA will conduct a series of professional development workshops for teachers, trainers and assessors of scored VCE VET programs.
The workshops will include:
- feedback on the 2016 coursework audit procedure and outcomes
- understanding the VCAA Assessment Guide
- good assessment practices
- integrating competency-based assessment and scored assessment
- use of VCAA material supporting scored assessment (i.e. frameworks for task types and planning and mapping documents)
- using the VCE VET scoring criteria
- reviewing VCAA support material
- an appraisal of sample tasks with the appropriate state reviewer
- networking opportunities to share tasks and ideas with other assessors while preparing tasks for 2017.
The workshop activities are designed for all teachers and trainers and assessors of scored VCE VET programs. Participants will be assigned to groups based on program areas.
- ensure this information is forwarded to the appropriate VET coordinators, teachers, trainers and assessors
- ensure this information is forwarded to RTO partners that provide scored VCE VET programs.
Monday 6 March to Tuesday 21 March − Workshops are held
For further information or to register, visit the
VET Professional Development page.