2019 Lynne Kosky Memorial VCAL Grants
The VCAA is pleased to announce the first year of the Lynne Kosky Memorial VCAL Grants.
The grants will provide an important financial stimulus to VCAL providers to develop learning initiatives for their students that will support student lifelong learning and increased community participation.
Principals and VCAL Coordinators and teachers are strongly encouraged to apply for a 2019 Lynne Kosky Memorial VCAL Grant.
What are the grants?
Lynne Kosky, former Victorian Education Minister
The Lynne Kosky Memorial VCAL Grants acknowledges the outstanding contribution made to education and training in Victoria by Lynne Kosky, the former Victorian Education Minister, who passed away in December 2014.
The new grants replace the Lynne Kosky Memorial VCAL Scholarships, which were administered by the Department of Education from 2015 to 2017.
The grants will ensure maximum impact of the available funds to support more VCAL students, and recognise regional and metropolitan VCAL practice equitably. The greater breadth of the grants will provide an important stimulus to VCAL providers to develop learning initiatives for their students that will support student life-long learning and increased community participation.
The new grants have been developed through consultation and agreement with the Kosky family and the Department of Education and Training.
How much is each grant?
Each grant is valued at $6,250.
How many grants are available?
Each year the VCAA will provide up to eight grants with up to two grants per educational region.
Who can apply for a grant?
All registered VCAL providers are eligible to apply.
What is the aim of the grant?
The aim of the grant is to provide support to VCAL providers to implement an initiative that will:
- extend student progress and attainment in their VCAL studies
- increase VCAL student opportunities for Lifelong Learning
- enhance VCAL student opportunities for Community Engagement
- engage VCAL students in the design, making and/or finishing stages of the initiative.
What will be expected of grant recipients?
Providers receiving a grant will be expected to spend the grant money within the 2019 school year and submit a report on the success of the initiative that was supported by the grant.
What will not be considered?
- Applications for support to individual VCAL students or teachers.
- Applications from entities that are not registered VCAL providers as identified on the State Register.
- Initiatives already funded under other government programs.
- Initiatives that do not engage VCAL students in the design, making and/or finishing stages.
Grant applications can be made only by registered VCAL providers as identified on the State Register.
- In the case of multi-campus providers, only the parent organisation can apply.
- The grant application will require the
endorsement of the Principal/CEO (docx - 71.05kb) of the provider for the application to be considered. This signed endorsement must be attached to the online application.
- The Principal/CEO of the provider should refer to the Victorian
Common Funding Agreement Terms and Conditions (docx - 78.3kb) for the grant.
- Grant applications must clearly address the five grant selection criteria:
- How will VCAL student progress and attainment benefit from the grant?
- How will the grant create new opportunities for lifelong learning by VCAL students?
- How will the grant enhance opportunities for VCAL students to foster greater community engagement?
- How will VCAL students be involved in the design, making and/or finishing stages of the initiative being funded by the grant?
- What other additional benefits for VCAL students may arise from this initiative?
- All grant applications will receive a confirmation of acceptance of the application.
- Grant applications must be
submitted online by no later than
5.00pm Friday 26 October 2018.
- Grant recipients will be announced on
26 November 2018 for implementation in 2019.
Need assistance in applying for a grant?
If you are unsure about how to apply or what to include in your application, contact the VCAL unit on (03) 90321725 or email