Insight Assessment Platform
The Insight Assessment Platform is an Education State initiative aimed at helping teachers assess the progress of all learners and support more targeted teaching practices.
The Insight Assessment Platform has been managed by the VCAA since August 2017 and provides a collection of quality online assessment instruments. The Platform supports high-quality assessment practices and provides teachers with specific information to target the learning needs of students through its comprehensive data analytics and instrument reporting capabilities. Students' assessment data can be reviewed by teachers for diagnostic, formative and summative assessments.
Accessing the Insight Assessment Platform (Login) page.
Online Transition Learning and Development Statement
12 July 2018
The Transition Learning and Development Statements (TLDS) will be completed by early childhood services and shared with schools using a new online tool (Online TLDS) hosted on the Insight Platform.
Early childhood services will receive an email with log in details to access Insight at the beginning of Term 3.
To support the introduction of the new tool, the Department provided additional funding to each funded kindergarten service to support their early childhood teachers as they become familiar with the new online TLDS and access the range of available resources including:
- help line, tip sheets, video, and face to face training support by the State Library of Victoria
- a step-by-step online TLDS user guide
- family resources including a guide and introductory letters in 31 languages.
Support for schools including tip sheets and a user guide will be released soon.
For further details go to: https://www.education.vic.gov.au/childhood/professionals/learning/Pages/transtemplates.aspx
Mathematics Online Interview 2018 updates
29 January 2018
A number of improvements have been made to the Mathematics Online Interview for 2018. The updates include:
- Edits to improve clarity of instructions.
- Reduction of visual clutter including green highlighting, sad and smiley faces, and unnecessary free text boxes.
- Fixed branching issues based on advice from educational experts, for example, the loop in Section B has been addressed.
- Growth Point 0 will now be awarded to a student for a Section when they answer at least one question (correct or incorrect) in that Section, but not enough to achieve a Growth Point greater than 0.
- A Foundation Detour report is now available.
- Strategies are now required to be input for questions where a strategy response contributes to Growth Point calculation. A message alerting users to select a strategy will appear if the required field is left blank.