VCAL Information Sheets
These information sheets outline various aspects of the Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning:
- Introduction to VCAL (pdf - 103.44kb)
Explains the history, aims and structure of the VCAL, what the qualifications are, the resources required, and examples of VCAL learning programs.
- Applied Learning (pdf - 126.7kb)
Explanation of applied learning, and information about applied learning in primary and secondary schools, TAFE and Adult and Community Education organisations.
- Integrated VCAL Approach) (pdf - 89.83kb)
Information about offering an Integrated Program, which learning outcomes can be integrated, and examples of some VCAL teaching and learning programs.
- Literacy Skills (pdf - 189.51kb)
Information about the VCAL Reading, Writing and Oral Communication units, the levels, the elements, the learning outcomes, and an example of integrated activity.
- Numeracy Skills (pdf - 138.57kb)
Information about Numeracy and Mathematics in VCAL, the levels, the elements, the learning outcomes, and an example of an integrated activity.
- Skills for Further Study (pdf - 90.65kb)
Information about the new VCAL Skills for Further Study unit, its purpose, structure, learning outcomes and elements.
- Work Related Skills Strand (pdf - 96.63kb)
Information about the VCAL Work Related Skills (WRS) units, structured workplace learning and resources to support the delivery of the WRS units.
- Personal Development Skills Strand (pdf - 95.38kb)
Information about the VCAL Personal Development Skills (PDS) units and resources to support the delivery of the PDS units.
- VCAL Assessment (pdf - 195.47kb)
An introduction to assessment in VCAL.
- I have been given a VCAL unit Where do I start? (pdf - 98.52kb)
Information to support a teacher who has been given a VCAL unit to teach for the first time.
- Certificates in General Education for Adults (CGEA) in the VCAL - Certificates 22236VIC–22238VIC (pdf - 117.72kb)
Describes how CGEA units of competency/modules can provide credit towards the VCAL.
Newly accredited from July 2013.
Note: The document/s linked on this page are Portable Document Format (PDF) files. To open or print the file you will need Adobe® Acrobat Reader. If you do not already have this product on your computer, you can download it for free from the Adobe website (www.adobe.com).