• Home >
  • VET >
  • Frequently Asked Questions - School Administration

FAQ - School Administration

A VCE VET program incorporates a nationally recognised qualification, usually at Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Level II or III. Some VCE VET programs offer more than a single qualification's outcome. Higher level qualifications (certificate IV or higher) require VCAA approval for VCE credit.

Who do I talk to about funding for VET?

  • Higher Education and Skills Group (HESG) from the Department of Education and Training (DET) is responsible for funding for VET in Government schools. Tel: (03) 9637 2563
  • Independent and Catholic schools need to contact sector authorities.

How do I investigate a program's accreditation status?

All nationally recognised qualifications can be found on the National Register for Training for Training in Australia (training.gov.au/Home/Tga) website.

If I have a VASS problem relating to VET to whom do I talk?

If you are not responsible for VASS, talk to your VASS coordinator first. For further advice, contact VASS support.

Tel: 1800 827 721

Who is responsible for results?

The RTO must assess competence and pass on results to the home school for entry on VASS.

What delivery options are available to schools and RTOs?

Please refer to the VCAA VET page for delivery options.

What other organisations provide VET information?