The VCAA has developed a set of advisory resources to assist schools and their leadership teams to:
- conduct an internal self-review and audit of practice for delivery
- identify best practice in the delivery of senior secondary programs
- facilitate a school development plan and identify practices which may lead to improved student outcomes.
To support the implementation of the Continuum of Practice, we interviewed a group of school principals. Watch these principals discuss how they went about creating successful outcomes by implementing the continuum.
Transcript of video
VCE Continuum of Practice - Principals share strategies for VCE Success.
The VCE Continuum of Practice is available for download:
Documented curriculum plans, assessment and shared
Moderation of common student assessment tasks
Data analysis and evaluation of student learning growth over time
Explicit use of evidence-based school improvement strategies and teacher professional practice activities
In introducing this material to your school a range of sample activities are provided:
- All activities are able to be applied to any of the elements
- There is a range of individual and group tasks
- Each activity is discrete, you can deliver over a period of time
- aim is to introduce a dynamic tool not a list of compliance standards to be met
The VET Continuum of Practice is available for download.
Documented VET program delivery, training and assessment practices and shared pedagogical approaches