Notice to Schools 6/2019 − 6 February 2019
NAPLAN 2019 updates
Principals/Directors, F−10 NAPLAN schools, NAPLAN coordinators
Schools should have received the NAPLAN 2019
Handbook for principals, which contains an important reminders sheet for NAPLAN 2019 and login details to the
Test Administration website. If you have not received this, contact the NAPLAN Helpdesk.
Schools are required to complete the following tasks via the Test Administration website by Friday 22 February 2019:
- Statement of Compliance
- registering of authorised staff
- review of school contact and address details
- placement of orders for alternative test formats.
NAPLAN Online schools are required to complete the following additional tasks on the Test Administration website by Friday 8 March 2019:
- Technical Readiness check
- NAPLAN Test schedule.
Independent schools are required to pre-enrol students by uploading student data to the Test Administration website by Friday 15 February 2019.
The VCAA will provide training 4–22 March 2019 for NAPLAN coordinators and school staff for 2019 NAPLAN Online schools.
Registrations close Friday 22 February 2019.
For schools transitioning to NAPLAN Online in 2020, the VCAA will provide further information regarding school readiness activities later in the year.
Year 3 students in NAPLAN Online schools will continue to sit the Writing test on paper. Test packages containing the Year 3 writing test material will be delivered from 30 April 2019.
The NAPLAN test window for schools completing the paper tests is Tuesday 14 May to Thursday 16 May 2019. For schools completing NAPLAN Online, the test window is Tuesday 14 May to Friday 24 May 2019.
- contact the NAPLAN Helpdesk if they have not received the NAPLAN 2019
Handbook for principals
- complete the required administrative tasks via the NAPLAN Test Administration website by Friday 22 February 2019 (all schools)
- complete additional administrative tasks via the NAPLAN Test Administration website by Friday 8 March 2019 (online schools only)
- supply student enrolment data through the NAPLAN Test Administration website by Friday 15 February 2019 (independent schools only)
- register for NAPLAN Online training by Friday 22 February 2019 (online schools only)
- ensure that NAPAN Online Year 3 students sit the Writing test on paper
- ensure that NAPLAN 2019 test dates are known throughout their school communities.
Friday 15 February 2019
Friday 22 February 2019
Friday 8 March 2019
Contact the VCAA NAPLAN Helpdesk on 1800 648 637 or at
firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a query about any aspect of NAPLAN.
For detailed information regarding NAPLAN Online, including test design and technical requirements, go to the
Further information on the
Writing test is available on the VCAA website.
NAPLAN test timetable is available on the VCAA website.