Notice to Schools 126/2019 – 23 October 2019
VCAA VET Statewide Workshops 2019
Principals/Directors, VET coordinators and teachers, careers, transitions and pathways coordinators, TAFEs, registered training organisations, local learning and employment networks and VET network clusters
The VCAA is conducting VET Statewide Workshops to deliver updates for schools and providers regarding the VET Delivered to Secondary Students program. These workshops will take place across Victoria during November 2019.
Schools, providers and other interested stakeholders are invited to send appropriate personnel to these events. It is recommended that VET coordinators attend to ensure that schools and providers have access to all program information for 2020. Other staff, including careers, transition and pathways coordinators, as well as senior school management, may wish to attend.
For further information and to register, go to the
VET Statewide Workshops webpage.
Principals/Directors should direct this information to VET coordinators and teachers, careers, transitions and pathways coordinators, TAFEs, registered training organisations, local learning and employment networks and VET network clusters.
Thursday 7 to Wednesday 27 November 2019
The topics covered through presentations and participant activities will include:
- Get VET – Promotion of VET to school communities
- Future directions of VET
- Raising the standard – Quality VET training and assessment
- Scored assessment reform project
- Implementing School-based Apprenticeships and Training
- Structured Workplace Learning recognition in the VCE or VCAL
- Building, strengthening and promoting the profile of VET in your school and beyond
- VCE VET program updates and VASS updates.
The Department of Education and Training will be conducting sessions covering VET funding and Pathways initiatives.