Notice to Schools 17/2019 − 27 February 2019
VCE VET Scored assessment professional development – March 2019
Principals/Directors and VET coordinators, teachers, trainers and assessors
In March 2019, the VCAA will conduct a series of free professional development workshops for teachers, trainers and assessors of scored VCE VET programs.
The workshop activities are designed for all teachers, trainers and assessors of scored VCE VET programs. New and experienced teachers will benefit from this professional learning, including those whose registered training organisations (RTOs) provide their scored assessment task materials.
Participants will be assigned to groups based on program areas.
For further information and to register, visit the
VET Professional Development Activities webpage.
Principals/Directors should ensure that VET coordinators, teachers, trainers and assessors, and RTO partners that provide scored VCE VET programs, are aware of the workshops.
Tuesday 5 to Tuesday 19 March 2019
The areas covered in the workshops will include:
- preparing quality scored assessment tasks
- good assessment practices
- using the VCE VET scoring criteria
- feedback on the 2018 coursework audit procedure and outcomes
- exam preparation
- an appraisal of sample tasks with the appropriate state reviewer
- networking opportunities to share ideas with other assessors while preparing tasks for 2019
- an overview of the review of the scored assessment project, which is being piloted in 2019.