Notice to Schools 19/2019 − 13 March 2019
2019 VCE performance examinations – audio-visual recording arrangements
Principals/Directors, VCE Coordinators and VCE performing arts teachers
Following the successful implementation of audio-visual recording across a range of performance examinations in 2017 and 2018, this program will be further expanded in 2019 to include the following VCE external assessments:
- VCE Dance
- VCE VET Dance
- VCE Drama (solo performance)
- VCE Extended Investigation oral presentation
- VCE VET Music Industry (group and solo performance)
- VCE Music Performance (group and solo performance)
- VCE Music Investigation (group and solo performance)
- VCE Theatre Studies Monologue examination
Audio-visual recordings of student performances provide a valuable additional quality assurance measure. Recordings will not be used for any other purpose without first securing individual student consent.
Recording equipment will be placed discreetly in a fixed position on the assessor's desk in the examination room and operated by one of the assessors.
There will be no other changes to the examination room procedures and protocols.
Principals/Directors should ensure all relevant teachers and students are made aware of the expanded audio-visual recording arrangements for 2019.
Monday 7 October to Sunday 3 November 2019 – VCE performance examination and Extended Investigation oral presentation assessment period.
Any queries in relation to external assessment conditions should be addressed as follows:
- VCE or VCE VET performance examinations – Glenn Martin, Project Manager, VCE Assessment, (03) 9225 2212
- VCE Extended Investigation oral presentations – Simona Wengritzky, Project Manager, VCE Assessment, (03) 9225 2357.
Alternatively, queries can be emailed to