Notice to Schools 40/2019 − 8 May 2019
Ensuring security of NAPLAN test materials
Principals/Directors, teachers, NAPLAN test supervisors
The National Assessment Program – Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN) testing will be occurring between Tuesday 14 and Friday 24 May 2019.
Protocols agreed by all states and territories that guide the administration of the tests are in place and have been communicated by the Victorian Curriculum Assessment Authority (VCAA). This includes adhering to the national guidelines requiring only students and authorised test supervisors to be present in the room during the test (both online and paper based).
Principals, teachers and supervisors are reminded of their responsibility to maintain the security of NAPLAN test materials.
This includes ensuring that:
- no photos or videos of live test sessions or test materials, whether paper or online, are taken by anyone
- nothing is posted on social media that shows or comments on test materials.
Members of the media wishing to access schools to obtain television footage, photographs or student interviews during the test period are requested to observe the following procedures:
- There is to be no photographing or filming of NAPLAN test material. This applies to both paper and online tests.
- There is to be no media present on school premises during a NAPLAN test (no recording or photographs of live test sessions).
- All media must have pre-arranged permission to take photographs, audio or video recordings inside a school.
Principals/Directors should ensure
- teachers and NAPLAN test supervisors are aware of the requirements for ensuring security of NAPLAN test materials
- that media wishing to cover the NAPLAN tests comply with the requirements for ensuring security of NAPLAN test materials.
Tuesday 14 to Friday 24 May 2019 − NAPLAN online tests
Tuesday 14 to Thursday 16 May 2019 − NAPLAN pen and paper tests