Notice to Schools 90/2019 − 14 August 2019
NAPLAN 2019 reporting
Principals/Directors, F−10 NAPLAN schools and NAPLAN coordinators
NAPLAN 2019 reports
NAPLAN 2019 reports will be delivered to schools in the week commencing Monday 2 September 2019.
NAPLAN 2019 reporting consists of the:
- NAPLAN school reporting package, which includes a printed Individual Student Report and other supporting material for each student who participated in NAPLAN in 2019
- NAPLAN Data Service, which provides access to the full suite of reports showing school, state and some national data.
For online schools, in addition to the Student and School Summary Report (SSSR) which is provided by ACARA, the VCAA Data Service will now include new reports specifically developed for NAPLAN Online. Further information on this new reporting service will be provided to online schools.
Please note that the NAPLAN Data Service will be unavailable between Tuesday 20 August 2019 and Tuesday 3 September 2019 in order for the VCAA to load and test the NAPLAN 2019 Data Service reports.
For security purposes, NAPLAN Data Service passwords are changed annually. All schools will receive an email containing their new NAPLAN Data Service password in the week beginning Monday 19 August 2019.
NAPLAN writing test images
Victorian schools can access images of their students’ NAPLAN writing test responses to assist with interpretation of their NAPLAN writing results. Downloaded images of the writing responses are also used by teachers to provide feedback to students on their NAPLAN writing performance.
Writing test images will be available via the NAPLAN Test Administration website. Access to the images will be provided from Tuesday 3 September 2019, coinciding with the release of NAPLAN 2019 reports.
Details on how to access the website and instructions on how to download images will be sent to school principals with the NAPLAN school reporting packages.
Please note that schools have access only to images of their own students’ writing tests and those images are available strictly for internal school use.
NAPLAN Online reporting writing re-sit information
A number of schools who undertook NAPLAN online in 2019 experienced connectivity disruptions during the writing test on the first day of the assessment period.
Consequently, impacted schools were given the opportunity to re-sit the writing test.
Further details of how results will be provided will be communicated directly to schools who undertook NAPLAN online in 2019 in the next two weeks.
Principals/Directors should note the
- 2019 reporting dates
- unavailability of the NAPLAN Data Service for data loading
- arrival of the NAPLAN Data Service password letter
- provision of NAPLAN 2019 writing test images via the Test Administration website.
Week beginning 19 August 2019
- Communication sent to schools containing 2019 NAPLAN Data Service Password information.
- NAPLAN Data Service unavailable from Tuesday 20 August.
Week beginning 2 September 2019
- NAPLAN School reporting package delivered to schools.
- NAPLAN Data Service made available to schools on Tuesday 3 September 2019.
- Writing test images made available to schools on Tuesday 3 September 2019.
For queries about NAPLAN 2019, contact the VCAA NAPLAN Helpdesk: 1800 648 637 or