Notice to Schools 7/2020 – 29 January 2020
2020 VCAL Quality Assurance arrangements and webinar
Principals/Directors, VCAL coordinators and VCAL teachers
VCAL Quality Assurance (QA) is an important part of the delivery of VCAL.
QA templates and VCAL provider details must be submitted to your region’s
VCAL QA Leader by Friday 20 March 2020.
VCAL coordinators and teachers are advised to participate in the QA process. Teachers responsible for completing the QA template are strongly encouraged to attend the QA meetings.
The VCAA is running a webinar on Wednesday 19 February 2020 to help providers complete QA templates.
Registrations close on Tuesday 18 February 2020.
Providers should also make early contact with their respective QA Leaders to be aware of local activities and arrangements for QA in their regions.
- ensure VCAL coordinators are aware of the QA process and submission requirements
- ensure VCAL coordinators and teachers participate and complete QA requirements
- alert relevant teachers to the webinar.
Tuesday 18 February 2020 – webinar registrations close
Wednesday 19 February 2020 – webinar held, 3.30–4.30pm
Friday 20 March 2020 – QA template submissions due
Refer to the
VCAL Quality Assurance webpage for a comprehensive overview of the QA process. The list of VCAL units that must be submitted by providers is outlined in Section 3 of the 'VCAL Quality Assurance 2020' document.
VCAL provider details must include:
- provider's name
- VCAL Coordinator's name
- VCAL Coordinator's contact details, including telephone number and email address
- how the provider intends to meet the VCAL strand that is being quality assured
- VCAL level (Foundation, Intermediate, Senior) and the VCAL unit (Unit 1 or 2) to be submitted for quality assurance
- contact details (telephone number and email address) for teacher/s who will participate in the VCAL QA process
- if the teacher of the VCAL unit required for QA will be teaching it for the first time in 2020
- VCAL status in 2020 – new or existing provider.