Notice to Schools 113/2020 – 19 August 2020
Training for the conduct and administration of 2020 VCE external assessments
Principals/Directors, VCE Coordinators and examination centre coordinators
It is a VCAA requirement that all newly appointed chief supervisors and newly appointed school personnel attend training before starting their role.
Training sessions will be held online during September using Webex Events.
School personnel or chief supervisors who registered to attend a training session in May will each need to re-register to attend. Please read the collection notice before registering.
There are four sessions available:
Newly appointed chief supervisors responsible for the conduct and administration of the 2020 VCE external assessments, including the General Achievement Test (GAT), VCE written examinations and the Extended Investigation Critical Thinking Test (CTT) must attend one of the training sessions.
Any new chief supervisor appointed immediately before the 2019 VCE written examinations who could not attend the October 2019 training sessions for new chief supervisors must also attend.
School personnel who are responsible for the conduct and administration of VCE external assessments, and are new to this role, must also attend a training session, even if their school has a continuing and experienced chief supervisor.
Schools should also consider their succession and emergency planning policies by encouraging a current assistant supervisor to attend one of the training sessions.
- ensure new chief supervisors are registered to attend a training session
- ensure school personnel who are responsible for the conduct and administration of VCE external assessments, and are new to this role, attend a training session
- consider sending an assistant supervisor to a training session to assist with succession and emergency planning.
Wednesday 26 August – Registrations close
Tuesday 1 September – Training session
Wednesday 2 September – Training session
Tuesday 8 September – Training session
Thursday 10 September – Training session
- Morning sessions will commence at 9.30am and finish prior to 1.30pm and afternoon sessions will commence at 2.00pm and finish prior to 5.30pm. New chief supervisors and assistant supervisors will be paid to attend training.
- The payment will be included in the amount sent to schools for supervision of the GAT.
- School personnel experienced in the conduct and administration of VCE external assessment are encouraged to also attend a training session.
- In order to streamline the registration process, please register using your 'education' or 'edumail' email address if you have one. If you register using a personal email address, such as Gmail or Hotmail, your registration will not be approved immediately. It will be approved once your registration details are verified.
- When your registration is approved, you will be emailed a link to join the training.
- Prior to the training day, please ensure that your system is set up for the webinar. To ensure your computer can run the Webex Events software, go to www.webex.com. We do not recommend joining from a mobile device as you will not be able to access all the features of the training.
On the training day
Please ensure that for the morning sessions, you have entered the event by 9.15am so that we can begin on time at 9.30am. If you have registered for one of the 2.00pm sessions, please ensure that you have entered the event by 1.45pm so we can begin on time at 2.00pm.
If you are having technical difficulties, the VCAA Webex support number is (03) 7022 5717.