Notice to Schools 123/2020 – 2 September 2020
Additional resources for scored VCE and VCE VET Unit 3–4 sequences
Principals/Directors, VCE coordinators, VCE teachers and VASS administrators
In support of schools delivering remotely during the course of 2020, the VCAA is in the process of developing a new set of resources to assist teachers to prepare their students for external assessment.
From September, the 2019 VCE written examinations will become progressively available on the Insight Assessment platform. The platform is a web-based application that enables assessments to be delivered to students online. Access to these examinations on the platform will assist teachers and students to identify any real or perceived gaps in learning that can then be addressed as part of their examination preparation.
The Insight Assessment platform will support teacher access to the 2019 VCE written examinations through:
- a clear and accessible registration process
- a set-up process that is quick and easy
- automated assessment of multiple-choice sections of examination papers, enabling immediate feedback
- immediate access to student short- and extended-answer questions to provide timely, informed feedback
- provision of the 2019 aural component for a defined set of languages
- the experience of answering short and extended responses that can be marked by the classroom teacher.
To support the introduction of the 2019 written examinations on the Insight Assessment platform the VCAA will:
- run a series of webinars for schools that haven't used the platform
- provide access for all schools and providers with a user guide
- establish a help desk to support schools in their use of the platform.
The VCAA is eager to explore with schools and other education providers whether this additional resource is of value in preparing their students for external assessment. Schools and providers can provide their feedback via an
online survey about:
- whether this is a resource that schools will use
- which 2019 written examinations are used more than others.
Principals/Directors should ensure that VCE coordinators and VCE teachers are made aware that most of the 2019 VCE written examinations will become progressively available on the Insight Assessment platform from September 2020.
Wednesday 2–Monday 7 September 2020 –
Register for Insight Webinar 1 (An introduction to the platform)
Monday 7 September 2020 – Release of first group of 2019 VCE written examinations
Tuesday 8–Monday 14 September 2020 –
Register for Insight Webinar 2 (An introduction to the platform)
Wednesday 9 September 2020 – Insight Webinar 1 held at 3.30pm
Thursday 17 September 2020 – Insight Webinar 2 held at 4pm
Friday 18–Friday 25 September 2020 –
Register for Insight Webinar 3 (An introduction to the platform)
Monday 21 September 2020 – Release of second group of 2019 VCE written examinations
Wednesday 30 September 2020 – Insight Webinar 3 held at 10am
Wednesday 30 September 2020 – Release of third group of 2019 VCE written examinations
More detailed information about
past examinations can be found on the VCAA website.