Notice to Schools 129/2020 – 9 September 2020
Student Eligibility Reports information and webinar
Principals/Directors, VCE or VCAL providers, VET, VCE and VCAL coordinators, and VASS administrators
The Student Eligibility Report should be run to determine the eligibility of students to complete the VCE or VCAL certificate in which they are enrolled.
The VCE and VCAL Student Eligibility Reports displays the following information:
- individual student details and their VCE/VCAL certificate details and an eligibility summary
- VCAL unit, VCE unit and VET certificate details and whether/how they contribute to the VET/VCAL certificate.
The VCAA will set all VET result fields that are currently blank in VASS for all VCAL and Year 12 VCE students to N on Wednesday 9 September 2020 at 4.30pm.
Schools/providers are asked to run VASS eligibility reports for all VCAL students and Year 12 VCE students undertaking VET by Friday 18 September 2020.
A webinar to discuss Student Eligibility Reports and VET 'Catch Up' funding is scheduled for Friday 11 September 2020. Full details about the webinar are available on the
Schools/providers should complete the required actions for the following process:
- The VCAA will set all VET result fields that are currently blank in VASS for all VCAL and Year 12 VCE students to N on Wednesday 9 September 2020 at 4.30pm.
- Schools are required to run VASS eligibility reports for all VCAL students and Year 12 VCE students undertaking VET. The file path is: Student program > VCAL Reports > Student Eligibility or Student program > VCE Reports > VCE Student Eligibility by Friday 18 September 2020.
- When scheduling the eligibility report you should only identify ineligible students, so do not tick the Include Eligible Students box.
- Schools should read the reports and gain an indication of students at risk and where the risk lies, i.e. in completion of VET units of competency, VCE units or VCAL strands.
- Following the setting of blank results to N schools may replace N results with S results at any time.
- The VCAA will return all results changed to N that have not been updated to S to blank on Friday 18 September 2020 at 4.30pm.
- No S results will be impacted by this action.
Principals/Directors should note the steps that will be required in this process and undertake the activities required.
Wednesday 9 September 2020 – All blank VET results will be set to N
Friday 11 September 2020 – VCAL and VET Leaders Webinar: Eligibility reports and VET 'Catch Up' funding
Friday 18 September 2020 – Schools should have run VCE and VCAL Student Eligibility Reports
Friday 18 September 2020 – All results set to N by the VCAA will be returned to blank
For support in running Student Eligibility Reports, contact VASS Operations: (03) 9032 1758 or 1800 623 681, fax (03) 9032 1591 or
For information about VCAL, contact the VCAL Unit: (03) 9032 1725 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about VET, contact the VET Unit: (03) 9032 1737 or email@example.com.