Notice to Schools 14/2020 – 5 February 2020
NAPLAN 2020 updates
Principals/Directors, all F–10 NAPLAN schools and NAPLAN coordinators
- Schools should have received the NAPLAN principals package containing the 2020 NAPLAN Handbook for principals, an important information sheet for NAPLAN 2020 and login details to the NAPLAN Test Administration website. If you have not received this, contact the NAPLAN Helpdesk.
- The NAPLAN test window for schools completing the paper tests is from Tuesday 12 May to Thursday 14 May. For schools completing NAPLAN Online, the test window is from Tuesday 12 May to Friday 22 May. The full NAPLAN test timetable is available on the VCAA website.
- Year 3 students in NAPLAN Online schools will continue to sit the Writing test on paper. Test packages containing the Year 3 writing test material will be delivered from Tuesday 28 April. Further information on the Writing test is available on the VCAA website.
- All schools are required to complete the following tasks via the NAPLAN Test Administration website by Friday 21 February:
- Statement of Compliance
- registering of authorised staff
- review of school contact and address details
- placement of orders for alternative test formats.
- NAPLAN Online schools are required to complete the following additional tasks via the NAPLAN Test Administration website by Friday 6 March:
- Technical Readiness check
- NAPLAN Test schedule.
- Independent schools are required to pre-enrol students by uploading student data to the NAPLAN Test Administration website by Friday 14 February.
- The VCAA will provide refresher training from Monday 24 February to Friday 20 March for NAPLAN Online schools for NAPLAN coordinators and school staff. Registrations close Friday 21 February.
- For schools transitioning to NAPLAN Online in 2021, the VCAA will provide further information regarding school readiness activities later in the year.
- contact the NAPLAN Helpdesk if they have not received the 2020 NAPLAN principals package
- ensure that NAPLAN 2020 test dates are known throughout their school communities
- supply student enrolment data through the NAPLAN Test Administration website by Friday 14 February (independent schools only)
- complete the required administrative tasks via the NAPLAN Test Administration website by Friday 21 February (all schools)
- register for NAPLAN Online refresher training by Friday 21 February (online schools only)
- complete additional administrative tasks via the NAPLAN Test Administration website by Friday 6 March (online schools only).
- Friday 14 February
- Friday 21 February
- Friday 6 March
Contact the VCAA NAPLAN Helpdesk on 1800 648 637 or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a query about any aspect of NAPLAN.
For detailed information regarding NAPLAN Online, including test design and technical requirements, go to the NAP website.