Notice to Schools 143/2020 – 5 October 2020
2020 VCE Examination Centres and Special Examination Arrangements, Derived Examination Score (DES) and Irregularity application closing dates
Principals/Directors, VCE Coordinators and VASS Administrators
- Student Examination/Assessment Timetables and Special Examination Arrangements Advice Slips for the 2020 VCE examinations are available on VASS. Read the advice provided in the
VASS guide before producing and distributing individual timetables and advice slips.
- Specific closing dates for submitting a DES application for each student's VCE examinations are listed at the end of the Student Examination/Assessment Timetable report for individual students.
Principals/Directors should ensure:
- Student Examination/Assessment Timetables are produced and distributed to students
- Special Examination Arrangements Advice Slips are produced and distributed to students, chief supervisors and school personnel responsible for the administration and conduct of VCE written examinations. Discussions must also take place between school personnel, chief supervisors, students and any approved clarifiers, readers, interpreters or scribes. It is essential that all parties have a common understanding of how these arrangements will be implemented
- relevant school personnel and made aware of the closing dates for an Irregularity application.
Monday 5 October 2020 – Student Examination/Assessment Timetables and Special Examination Arrangements Advice Slips available on VASS
The following documents, available on VASS, have been updated:
- Guidelines for Special Examination Arrangements
- Clarifier instructions for students that are deaf or hard of hearing
- Clarifier instructions for students with a language disorder
Any queries should be directed as follows:
Schools are strongly encouraged to use the ‘Help’ button on the appropriate screen for information about the use of specific VASS menus and functions.