Notice to Schools 166/2020 – 4 November 2020
2021 Special Examination Arrangements online applications
Principals/Directors and VCE Coordinators
Students with an illness or disability may require Special Examination Arrangements to access and complete the General Achievement Test (GAT) and/or VCE examinations.
Special Examination Arrangements applications for 2021 can be submitted using the VCAA’s Special Provision online system, from February 2021.
For students with long-term conditions, schools are asked to start collating the required supporting evidence to upload as part of their online application.
The following forms, including the documentation checklist, are available on VASS from the SYSTEM ADMIN – Downloads menu to assist schools with collecting and providing the necessary evidence:
- Special Provision – 2021 evidence checklist
- Special Provision – 2021 Health Professional statement (this may be given to the student to forward to their treating health professional to complete)
- Special Provision – 2021 School-based Evidence form
- Special Provision – 2021 Essay 1–3 topics and Cover Sheets (please ensure
essay topics are kept confidential).
- Special Provision – 2021 Mathematics Assessment Cover Sheet.
Principals/Directors should ensure that VCE Coordinators are aware of the requirements for submitting Special Examination Arrangements applications for the GAT and VCE examinations in 2021.
Thursday 1 April 2021 – closing date for Special Examination Arrangements applications for the GAT and VCE examinations
Further Information about eligibility, evidence requirements and applying for Special Examination Arrangements can found on the
Schools must ensure the required current medical and other specialist reports are submitted with the completed application.
For further information, contact VCAA Special Provision: 1800 205 455 or