Notice to Schools 178/2020 – 25 November 2020
New careers resources
Principals/Directors and Careers Advisors
New resources to support school leavers navigate their education, training and careers have been released by the Australian Government's National Careers Institute, including:
The NCI has also established the School Leavers Information Service to help students navigate these resources and provides the opportunity to engage in a 45-minute personalised career guidance session with a qualified careers practitioner. Please note that places for these sessions are limited.
The School Leavers Information kit includes:
- resources to help students make decisions about their career and pathway post-school
- information on work and education options such as university, vocational education and training, apprenticeships, volunteering and community service
- resources outlining government funding support and subsidies available
- tips and resources to help students update their resume and apply for jobs
- additional information on opportunities and initiatives in other states and territories to support school leavers.
Principals/Directors should ensure careers advisors are aware of these resource.
For more information, contact the National Careers Institute: 1800 227 337 or email@example.com.