Notice to Schools 34/2020 – 26 February 2020
VCAA professional learning sessions
Principals/Directors, and teachers of VCE Units 3 and 4 in Biology, Chemistry, English, English as an Additional Language, Further Mathematics, Legal Studies, Literature, Media, Physical Education, Physics and VET Health
In March and April 2020, the VCAA will deliver professional learning sessions for VCE Units 3 and 4 teachers who have not previously assessed VCE external assessments for the following VCE studies:
- English as an Additional Language
- Further Mathematics
- Legal Studies
- Physical Education
- VET Health.
Both face-to-face and webinar sessions will be available.
See below to register for a professional learning session. Closing dates vary, but note that registrations for webinars close seven days prior to the session.
Principals/Directors should ensure information about the professional learning sessions is forwarded to the relevant teachers.
This online registration is conducted on behalf of the VCAA by a third party. Before clicking on registration links, read this important information about privacy. By clicking on the link to register, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and consent to the terms of the Collection Notice and Privacy Statement.
The Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority (VCAA) is a statutory authority continued under the
Education and Training Reform Act 2006 (Vic). The VCAA collects the information requested on this form, which includes personal information within the meaning of the
Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic), for the purpose of facilitating your registration for the VCAA professional learning sessions.
When an individual's personal information is provided to the VCAA by a third party, the VCAA requests that the individual is made aware their personal information will be or has been provided to the VCAA, the purpose for which it will be or was provided and to whom it will be or is likely to be disclosed.
The personal information collected in this form will be disclosed to and used by relevant VCAA employees and/or contractors for and in connection with the above mentioned purpose. Your name and email address will also be disclosed to Redback Connect, an online Australian conferencing and digital events provider, for the purpose of hosting and administering the VCAA professional learning session. You can view their privacy statement at
www.redbackconnect.com.au/privacy-policy. The personal information collected will not otherwise be used or disclosed by the VCAA, except with the prior consent of the individual, or if the VCAA is required or otherwise permitted by law to do so.
If the requested personal information is not provided, the VCAA will not be able to process your registration and you may be unable to attend the professional learning sessions.
An individual may request access to personal information the VCAA holds about them, if any, and request its correction if inaccurate. To do so, email
email@example.com. View the
Face-to-face sessions will be held from 10.30am to 2.30pm and a light lunch will be provided.
The session details are as follows:
- Webinar, Thursday 26 March 2020
- Face to face, Wednesday 22 April 2020, VCAA Assessment Centre, Coburg
- Webinar, Tuesday 17 March 2020
- Face to face, Tuesday 24 March 2020, VCAA Assessment Centre, Coburg
- Face to face, Tuesday 17 March 2020, VCAA Assessment Centre, Coburg
- Webcast, Tuesday 17 March 2020 (10.30am – 2.30pm)
- Webinar, Thursday 19 March 2020
English as an Additional Language (EAL)
- Face to face, Thursday 26 March 2020, VCAA Assessment Centre, Coburg
- Face to face, Tuesday 21 April 2020, VCAA Assessment Centre, Coburg
- Webinar, Thursday 23 April 2020
- Webinar, Thursday 12 March 2020
- Face to face, Wednesday 25 March 2020, VCAA Assessment Centre, Coburg
- Face to face, Tuesday 21 April 2020, The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Webinar, Wednesday 18 March 2020
- Face to face, Monday 23 March 2020, VCAA Assessment Centre, Coburg
- Face to face, Monday 16 March 2020, VCAA Assessment Centre, Coburg
- Webinar, Tuesday 24 March 2020
- Face to face, Thursday 19 March 2020, VCAA Assessment Centre, Coburg
- Webinar, Wednesday 25 March 2020
- Webinar, Tuesday 21 April 2020