Notice to Schools 20/2021 – 17 February 2021
2021 VCE School-assessed Tasks professional learning
Principals/Directors, VCE Coordinators and Teachers of VCE Algorithmics (HESS), Applied Computing: Data Analytics, Applied Computing: Software Development, Art, Media, Product Design and Technology, Studio Arts, Systems Engineering and Visual Communication Design
As advised in Notice to Schools 174/2020, professional learning for School-assessed Tasks will be provided during Terms 1 and 2 in 2021.
The purpose of this professional learning program is to provide teachers with a clear understanding of the delivery of School-assessed Tasks, including authentication, administration and how to apply the assessment criteria and descriptors for the School-assessed Task in the relevant VCE study.
For 2021 the structure of this professional learning program will be a series of ‘on-demand’ videos for teachers of each VCE study to provide support for the School-assessed Task, and additional live webinars in Terms 1 and 2. The on-demand videos have now been be published and are available on each study’s webpage. After viewing the on-demand videos, teachers are encouraged to submit questions via the online form to inform the content of the following live webinars:
- Algorithmics (HESS): Tuesday 23 February, 4.00–5.30pm
- Applied Computing – Data Analytics: Wednesday 24 February, 4.00–5.30pm
- Applied Computing – Software Development: Thursday 25 February, 4.00pm–5.30pm
- Art: Tuesday 2 March, 4.00pm–5.30pm
- Visual Communication Design: Tuesday 9 March, 4.00pm–5.30pm
- Media: Wednesday 10 March, 4.00pm–5.30pm
- Studio Arts: Thursday 11 March, 4.00pm–5.30pm
- Systems Engineering: Monday 1 March, 3.45pm–5.00pm
- Product Design and Technology: Monday 22 February, 3.45pm–5.00pm.
Visit the VCE professional learning webpage for further information and registration details.
Principals/Directors should ensure that the relevant teachers are made aware of this information.
Contact the VCE Curriculum Unit for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org.