Notice to Schools 51/2021 – 21 April 2021
VCE, VCE VET, VCAL and International Baccalaureate enrolment data
Principals/directors, VASS administrators and VCE, VCAL and VET coordinators
The last day for VCE Units 3 and 4 (including VCE Baccalaureate), VCE VET, and International Baccalaureate (IB) enrolments is Monday 3 May 2021.
Higher Education studies (HES) enrolments must also be entered on VASS by this date.
Schools should ensure that VCE student programs have at least three units from the English group, two of which must be a Unit 3 and 4 sequence to meet the English requirement for satisfactory completion of the VCE.
All VCE or VCAL students completing a scored VCE VET Unit 3–4 sequence are expected to sit the GAT.
Schools are strongly advised to have the majority of their VCE Units 1 and 2, all VCE VET Units 1 and 2, VET Further Education
Certificates and VCAL enrolments entered on VASS by this date. This includes enrolments in approved senior secondary re-engagement programs (Community and Satellite VCAL).
After this date VASS will not allow schools to:
- enrol in a VCE Unit 3–4 sequences or withdraw from Unit 3
- enrol in Units of Competency for VCE VET scored Unit 3–4 sequences (refer to VCE and VCAL Administrative Handbook 2021 to check which VCE VET programs offer scored assessment at Unit 3 and 4 level)
- register or unregister IB students (note that all IB students, both Year 11 and Year 12, need to be registered)
- enrol returning Interrupted Studies students
- enter partnership details for VCE Unit 3 and Unit 3 and 4 combined School-based Assessment
- recording of Modern Language status by selecting First or Second Language status for students enrolled in a Unit 3–4 Modern Languages on VASS.
Principals/directors, please make sure coordinators and VASS administrators enter the required enrolment data by the due date.
Monday 3 May 2021 – All enrolment data is due
VET-targeted funding for government schools is pro-rata funding based on the hours of enrolment in each eligible VET certificate and capped at 180 hours per certificate per year on VASS on Monday 3 May. To be eligible for funding, schools must ensure that students are enrolled at Unit of Competency level.
The Department of Education and Training, Senior Secondary Pathways Reform Taskforce will use enrolment data entered on VASS no later than Monday 3 May 2021 to determine VET-targeted funding for government schools.
The data will also determine the Late Enrolment Funding allocations for students who have enrolled in approved senior secondary re-engagement programs (Community and Satellite VCAL).
Information about VET targeted funding may be found on the Department's VET delivered to secondary school students (Reference 56) webpage.
The Catholic Education Commission of Victoria and Independent Schools Victoria also use enrolment data on VASS to assist in determining funding for schools in their respective sectors.
The VCAA is not responsible for funding. Please use the link above to access further information about VET or senior secondary re-engagement program funding for government schools.
Enrolments for students undertaking certificates as part of a school-based or part-time apprenticeship or traineeship do not have to be finalised by Monday 3 May 2021.
Administrators should refer to the Last day for VCE Units 3 and 4 and scored VCE VET Unit 3 and 4 enrolments 2021 (docx - 81.94kb).
For queries about enrolments or partnerships contact the Student Records and Results Unit:
- VCE, VET and VCAL enrolments – (03) 9059 5251, (03) 9059 5257 or (03) 9059 5238
- VCE Unit 3 and 4 Partnerships – (03) 9032 1742
- fax (03) 9032 1591.
For queries about VASS, contact VASS Support: