Notice to Schools 56/2021 – 28 April 2021
2021 VCE Performance and Languages oral examination and Extended Investigation oral presentation scheduling
Principals/directors, VCE coordinators and VCE performing arts studies, VCE Languages and VCE Extended Investigation teachers
Schools must advise the VCAA of significant school-based functions that require student attendance for all or a significant part of a day within the assessment period (Monday 4 October to Sunday 31 October 2021). Significant school-based
functions may include final year assemblies or graduation ceremonies.
We use this information
to timetable Unit 3−4 performance examinations, Languages oral examinations and Extended Investigation oral presentations.
Please complete and return the
2021 Response Sheet (docx - 65.71kb) by Friday 21 May 2021.
Schools can nominate one day only as unavailable for timetabling. Students may be timetabled either side of the nominated day.
If schools do not respond to this notice, we will assume that there is unrestricted student availability during the assessment period.
- complete the 2021 Response Sheet identifying if all dates are available, or if a significant date is not available including the reason why
- return the 2021 Response Sheet by mail, facsimile or email by Friday 21 May 2021.
Friday 21 May 2021 − Return completed 2021 Response Sheet
- When scheduling student timetables for Arts Performance and Languages Oral examinations, all available days within the specified examination period will be considered.
- As a general rule, Languages oral examinations, Extended Investigation oral presentations, Drama, Theatre Studies, Dance and VET Dance performance examinations are scheduled between Monday and Friday of each available week.
- Music Performance, Music Investigation and VET Music examinations can be scheduled on all seven days of each available week.
- The date for the Languages (CCAFL) written examinations is Tuesday 19 October 2021.
For more information and to submit completed forms contact Glenn Martin, Project Manager, Performances and Languages Oral: