Past VCE Examinations
In support of schools delivering remotely during the course of 2020, the VCAA is in the process of developing a new set of resources to assist teachers to prepare their students for external assessment.
The 2019 VCE Written Examinations will become progressively available on the Insight Assessment platform (Insight), commencing in September 2020. The Platform is a web-based application that enables assessments to be delivered to students online. Access to these examinations on the Platform will assist teachers and students to identify any real or perceived gaps in learning that can then be addressed as part of their examination preparation.
Examinations available as at Friday 16 October 2020:
- Business and Economics - Accounting, Business Management, Economics, Industry and Enterprise, Legal Studies
- Digital Technologies - Computing: Software Development, Computing: Informatics, Algorithmics
- English - English, English Language, English as an Additional Language (EAL), Literature
- Extended Investigation
- Health and Physical Education - Health and Human Development, Physical Education, Outdoor and Environmental Studies
- Humanities - Religion and Society, Geography, Global Politics, Sociology, Philosophy, Revolutions, Ancient History, Australian Politics, Australian History, Texts and Traditions
- Mathematics - Further Mathematics, Mathematical Methods, Specialist Mathematics
- Performing Arts - Drama, Dance, Theatre Studies
- Science - Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Psychology, Environmental Science
- Technologies - Food Studies, Agricultural and Horticultural Studies, Product Design and Technology, Systems Engineering
- VCE VET Programs - Business, Community Services, Sport and Recreation, Music Sound Production, Health, Hospitality (Kitchen Operations), Hospitality, Engineering Studies, Information, Digital Media and Technology, Furnishing, Equine Studies, Integrated Technologies
- Visual Arts - Media, Art, Studio Arts, Visual Communication Design
- Languages - Arabic, Chinese First Language, Chinese Second Language, Chinese Second Language Advanced, French, German, Greek, Indonesian Second Language, Italian, Japanese Second Language, Latin, Vietnamese First Language, Vietnamese Second Language, Chinese Language, Culture and Society, Spanish
To access Insight:
Insight VCE Educator portal
Username: Your five digit school code + teacher code (as per VASS) i.e. 01111AA
Please contact your school's VASS administrator if you are unsure of your school code or teacher code.
VCE Coordinators can be provided access to manage all VCE classes for your school.
Email email@example.com to be given access.
Please include the following information in your request:
- your full name
- your school
- your school code
- your teacher code (or initials if you don't have one)
A number of webinars will be held throughout September to assist educators with the use of Insight.
Webinar 3 - 10am Wednesday 30 September 2020
Register for Insight Webinar 3 (An introduction to the platform) - Friday 18 – Friday 25 September 2020
The VCAA is eager to explore with schools and other education providers whether this additional resource is of value in preparing their students for external assessment. Schools and providers can provide their feedback via an
online survey about:
- whether this is a resource that schools will use
- which 2019 written examinations are used more than others.
Frequently Asked Questions (docx - 26.22kb)
Webinar Presentation (pptx - 1.27mb)
User guides for Government Schools
User guides for Non-government schools
If further support is required, please contact:
The Insight Assessment Platform (Insight) is an online assessment platform. The 2019 VCE Examinations are being made available to students through Insight to assist with your revision and preparation for the VCE Examinations.
A selection of the 2019 examinations are being incrementally released throughout September 2020 for access through Insight.
PDF versions of the 2019 examinations continue to be available to students.
To access Insight:
Insight Student Portal
Username: VCAA Student Number
Password: VCAA Student Number
Your VCAA Student Number is a unique code consisting of 8 digits and 1 letter.
If you are unsure of your VCAA Student Number, please contact your school.
Past examinations should be read in conjunction with the relevant
examination report. Examination reports provide advice for teachers and students in relation to examinations. Some examination reports for written examinations contain some answers.
User guide (docx - 452.63kb)
User guide (pdf - 407.56kb)
Please contact your teacher for further support.