Students can apply to inspect their examination response materials for written examinations and audio recording of music performance examinations.
To get maximum benefit from an inspection of examination response materials, students must obtain the relevant Statement of Marks prior to the inspection and, if possible, arrange to have the study teacher present.
How to apply for an inspection
To inspect their material, students must apply in writing.
Students may inspect examination response materials at their school. A photocopy of the response materials or copy of the audio recording will be sent to the principal who will be responsible for conducting the inspection and for destroying the photocopy or audio recording immediately afterwards. There is a fee of $25.55 per examination. The duration of the inspection is 15 minutes per written examination and between 30–45 minutes for the audio recording of music performance examinations.
What is available for inspection
All written examination papers and audio recordings for Music performance examinations may be made available for inspection.
The following materials are not available for inspection:
- video recordings for any performance examination
- recordings of VCE Language oral examinations and VCE Extended Investigation oral presentation.
Important points to note
- Examination response materials, authorised photocopies or audio recordings cannot be taken from the inspection room.
- Photocopying or altering of examination response materials or authorised photocopies is not permitted.
- All examination response materials remain the property of the VCAA.
- No marks or assessors' comments appear on response materials.
- Other conditions of access will be provided on application.
Deadline for inspection
The final date for lodging requests to inspect 2021 examination response materials is Friday 4 February 2022.