Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Sign In Skip to Content

Replacement results and certificates

Important information

Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions, the processing service for the replacement of results is currently unavailable. Please check this website regularly for updates and confirmation on when this service will resume.


Note: PDF application is available upon request. Overseas postage and priority processing service are temporarily unavailable.


The following table shows records and qualifications available from the VCAA.

Results and certificatesYears
Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) Years 11 and 121991–present
Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL) Years 11 and 122002–present
Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) Year 12 only1987–1990
School Tertiary Certificate (STC) and Technical Year 12 (T12)1984–1990
Tertiary Orientation Program (TOP)1975–1986
Higher School Certificate (HSC) (Year 12)1970–1986
Leaving (Year 11)1931–1972
Matriculation (Year 12)1934–1969
Intermediate (Year 10)1931–1967

Note: The VCAA does not hold records for Intermediate (Year 10) after 1967.

For replacement ATAR or ENTER results, please contact VTAC.

VCE Statement of Results

VCE Statements of Results from 1991 contain Year 11 and 12 subjects, S and N unit results and CAT grades. Statements of results (VCE, HSC and Matriculation) before 1991 contain Year 12 subjects and letter grades (A-E).

VCE statements of results from 1994 onwards contain study scores. For the years 1992-1993 study scores were calculated and issued by the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC). All queries about study scores for these years should be directed to VTAC .

Tertiary Orientation Programs (TOP), Approved Study Structures (STC) and the Technical Year 12 (T12) results are available.

Other statements of results

  • Intermediate (Year 10) results are available for the years 1931-1967.
    Note: The VCAA does not hold records for Intermediate (Year 10) after 1967.
  • Leaving (Year 11) results are available for the years 1931-1972.
    Note: The VCAA does not hold records related to Years 7-9.

Interpreting the Statement of Results

Information about the unit results, grades and study scores listed on the Statement of Results. 

To find out more, see Interpreting the Statement of Results.

Example certificates and statements

thumbnail size of Sample VCE Replacement Certificate  
thumbnail size of Sample VCE Statement of Results  
thumbnail size of Sample VCAL Replacement Certificate  
thumbnail sizesample VCAL Statement of Results  


You can view larger versions by clicking on each image.

Victorian Certificate of Education

The Victorian Certificate of Education contains the student's name, year of completion and student number. It states that the student has satisfied all the requirements for the VCE. No subjects or results appear on the certificate.

View sample and find out more

Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning

The Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning contains the student’s name, year of completion, certificate level and student number.

View sample and find out more

Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning Statement of Results

The Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning Statement of Results contain the student’s details and a list of results which include results for studies in VCAL units, VCE units and VET units.

View sample

VET Statement of Results

The replacement Vocational Education and Training (VET) Results statement lists satisfactorily completed units of competency.

Delivery of replacement results and certificates

All replacement results and certificates are posted to the applicant. Results and certificates cannot be faxed, emailed or otherwise sent electronically. The applicant may arrange to personally collect the results.

Obtaining results on behalf of another person

A friend or relative may obtain results on another person's behalf only if they provide either:

  • a signed letter of authorisation from the applicant stating the applicant's name, address, study details, etc. and stating that they permit the friend or relative to act on their behalf, or
  • a certified photocopy of a Power of Attorney which gives the friend or relative the right to act on the student's behalf.

If neither a signed letter of authorisation or a Power of Attorney is offered, then no results will be issued. It is a criminal act to forge a signature.


Payments can be made via cheque, money order or credit card.

The VCAA cannot accept payments made via cash (please do not send cash through the mail). Applications cannot be processed until payment is received.

For payment details, Apply online for replacement results and certificates

Please note:

The VCAA cannot

  • provide your school reports. You will need to contact your school to obtain these
  • provide results electronically, via fax or over the phone; this is to ensure we can protect student privacy and information
  • be held responsible for delays in delivery, misdirection or non-delivery of documents. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure there is sufficient time allowed for processing, delivery, and that the correct documentation has been ordered. It is also the responsibility of the applicant to contact the VCAA within a four-week time period if they have not received their documents
  • provide refunds if the incorrect document is ordered.