Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Sign In Skip to Content

Equivalent qualifications

The Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority (VCAA) issues a Statement of equivalent qualification to people who have educational qualifications from overseas that are judged by the VCAA to be equivalent to Year 11 or Year 12.

The VCAA does not assess qualifications above Year 12.

Summary of equivalent qualifications

See assessment of overseas qualifications for VCE Equivalent for Year 11

See assessment of overseas qualifications for VCE Equivalent for Year 12

How to apply

To apply for a Statement of equivalent qualification:

  1. Complete and sign the application form yourself OR complete and sign this application form on behalf of the applicant AND provide a letter signed by the applicant that states that you are authorised to apply for this information. 
  2. Provide certified copies of original official educational documents. Do not provide original documents. Make sure all your documents are in English. An official translating service is available at the Department of Home Affairs.
  3. Pay the processing fee of $31.40 and allow two to three weeks for processing. A 48-hour service is available for an additional fee of $27.85.
  4. The application form must be completed and returned either by mail or lodged in person.

Statement of Equivalent Qualification sample


Other qualifications

For assessment of tertiary qualifications visit Overseas Qualification Unit.

The VCAA does not assess interstate or international teaching qualifications. For an assessment of your teaching qualification, visit DET.