A new VCAL provider is a provider who is delivering the VCAL for the first time in 2021. All providers delivering VCAL for the first time are classified as Category 3 for VCAL QA purposes and must attend Stage 1 and Stage 2 meetings.
All new 2021 VCAL providers will be required to submit Quality Assurance templates for the following VCAL units:
- one VCAL Personal Development Skills (PDS) unit
- one VCAL Work Related Skills (WRS) unit
- one VCAL Literacy Skills unit (Reading and Writing)
- one VCAL Numeracy Skills unit (selected from Foundation, Intermediate Unit 1, Senior Unit 1 or Advanced Numeracy Skills Senior)
- Skills for Further Study – Senior (if delivered)
- Portfolio Enhancement and Presentation – Senior (if delivered). Submitted to the VCAA.
The number of copies required for submission may vary between VCAL QA regions. Providers should contact their QA Panel Leader to confirm the number of copies to be submitted.
New providers must ensure that their selection of QA templates covers all VCAL levels being delivered. Where a new provider is delivering all VCAL levels – including all possible VCAL units, they must submit a QA template for:
- one PDS unit (Foundation)
- one WRS unit (Intermediate)
- one Literacy Skills unit (Reading and Writing) (Senior)
- one Numeracy Skills unit (any level and selected from Foundation, Intermediate Unit 1, Senior Unit 1 or Advanced Numeracy Skills Senior)
- Skills for Further Study – Senior
- Portfolio Enhancement and Presentation – Senior (if delivered).
This means that the maximum number of templates that any new provider needs to submit is six.
If only one VCAL level is being delivered, which includes only PDS units, a QA template for two different PDS units is required (a total of two templates).
The above arrangements therefore require a provider to bring:
- a minimum of two QA templates (all VCAL programs must have at least two VCAL units)
- a maximum of six QA templates.
Stage 1 and 2 meeting details
Details on the dates and venues for the Stage 1 and 2 meetings will be provided by the QA Panel Leader for your VCAL QA region.
VCAL providers may be required to submit copies of their VCAL unit QA Templates and a student’s portfolio of evidence. The number of copies required for submission may vary between VCAL QA regions. Providers should contact their QA Panel Leader to confirm the number of copies they must submit.
For Stage 2 of the VCAL QA process, all new providers for 2021 are required to bring to the Stage 2 meeting completed QA documents and student’s portfolio of evidence for each template submitted consistent with the templates submitted at their Stage 1 meetings.