Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Sign In Skip to Content


My son/daughter is transferring into the VCE from interstate/overseas. Can he/she still earn the VCE?

Students need to complete 16 units to be awarded the VCE. A student who is transferring into year 11 or 12 may need to apply for their interstate or overseas studies to be credited towards the VCE to help them reach 16 units.

Schools apply for credit for the VCE - students should ask their VCE coordinator to put in an application for them.

My son/daughter has lost his/her VCE results. How can I get another copy?

Former students can get another copy of their certificate or results by making an application for replacement of results

They can request a replacement VCE or VCAL certificate, VCE or VCAL statement of results or VET statement of results or GAT Statement of Results. Selected results for previous senior secondary qualifications such as the HSC and Matriculation are also available.

If you want to obtain results on behalf of your son or daughter, you will need to supply either:

  • a signed letter of authorisation from the student stating their name, address and school details, stating that he/she permits you to act on his/her behalf


  • a certified photocopy of a Power of Attorney which gives you the right to act on the student’s behalf.

If the application does not include one of these then no results will be issued.

How are subjects scaled? How is the ATAR calculated?

The VCAA does not scale VCE subjects. This only happens as part of the calculation of the Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) for tertiary entrance purposes. (The ATAR was formerly known as the ENTER)

Calculation of the ATAR is the responsibility of the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC).

Further information

Acronyms and terms are defined in the VCAA Words and acronyms.

Where to Now?
an online Guide to the VCE, VCAL and Apprenticeships and Traineeships.

DET's Parents page

Parents Victoria
a statewide organisation representing parents of students in Victorian government schools.