Teaching and learning resources
The Department of Education and Training have a range of evidence based resources available to support the teaching of respectful relationships education. These include:
Resilience, Rights and Respectful Relationships are a suite of teaching and learning materials for Foundation to Level 10 that are mapped to the Victorian Curriculum. These have been developed to address the eight topics:
- Topic 1: Emotional literacy
- Topic 2: Personal strengths
- Topic 3: Positive coping
- Topic 4: Problem solving
- Topic 5: Stress management
- Topic 6: Help-seeking
- Topic 7: Gender and identity (not included in Levels 9-10)
- Topic 8: Positive gender relations (not included in Levels 9-10)
Note: Materials have also been included for years 11 and 12.
Building Respectful Relationships – stepping out against gender-based violence is a resource designed for levels 7-8 and levels 9-10 and has three units.
- Unit 1: Gender, respect and relationships (Level 7-8)
- Unit 2: The Power Connection (Level 9-10)
- Unit 3: Gender, power and media (Level 9-10)