The VCAA will conduct briefings in November and December 2019 to deliver updates for schools and providers of the VCAL.
The aim of the briefings is to:
- update VCAL leaders and practitioners about changes and developments in the VCAL for 2020
- engage VCAL leaders and practitioners in a workshop on assessment in the VCAL.
The briefings will focus on the following aspects of the VCAL:
- revised curriculum for 2020
– Personal Development Skills, Portfolio Extension Presentation
– Senior, Skills for Further Study – Senior and Work Related Skills
- changes to VCAL quality assurance
- implementation advice
School leaders, VCAL coordinators and experienced VCAL teachers are encouraged to attend. Teachers new to the VCAL are advised to attend the VCAL Induction 2019, rather than these briefings.
The briefings details are as follows:
William Angliss Conference Centre
555 La Trobe Street
Thursday 28 November 2019
Wangaratta Gateway Hotel
29–37 Ryley Street
Tuesday 3 December 2019
Quality Inn & Suites
Conference Room 1 and 2
5601 Princess Highway
Thursday 5 December 2019
Tuesday 10 December 2019
Places are limited. For further enquiries, contact the
VCAL Unit via email or on (03) 9032 1725.
There is no registration cost associated with attending these briefings, however CRT is not available.