The VCE Administrative Handbook 2024 provides principals, teachers and administrators detailed information on implementing the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE), including the Vocational Major (VM). It outlines the rules, regulations and policies that support the integrity of the certificate and equity of student access to fair and valid results. This handbook also provides principals, teachers and administrators instructions on using the Victorian Assessment Software System (VASS).
For VPC administrative advice, see the
VPC Administrative Handbook 2024.
From 2024, all VCAL units will be discontinued and replaced by VCE VM and VPC studies.
The following changes were made to the VCE Administrative Handbook 2024 to implement changes to the senior secondary certificate reforms. Other modifications include changes to evidence requirements for Special Examination Arrangements and arrangements for Structured Workplace Learning for VET in 2024.
2024 VCE Administrative Handbook
- VCAL content has been removed.
- Evidence requirements for Special Examination Arrangements have been changed.
- General Achievement Test resit arrangements changed to include formally indicating the schools’ commitment to host eligible students who were previously enrolled at the school.
- Equivalent studies prior to 2024 are now listed separately on our website. A link is included in the handbook.
- Flexible delivery program (VCE VM) content has been removed and will be available on our website. A link is provided in the handbook.
- Changes to process for Structured Workplace Learning recognition for Vocational Education and Training.
In this 2024 edition of the
VCE Administrative Handbook, information relating to the VCE includes the Vocational Major (VM), unless otherwise stated or when referring to scored school-based and external assessments and related processes and results.