• Home >
  • VET >
  • Frequently Asked Questions - Registered Training Organisations

FAQ - Registered Training Organisations

A VCE VET program incorporates a nationally recognised qualification, usually at Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Level II or III. Some VCE VET programs offer more than a single qualification outcome.

Who/what is an RTO?

A Registered Training Organisation (RTO) is a nationally recognised provider of training registered to issue qualifications.

A school may apply to become an RTO to deliver VCE VET, or may work with an RTO in partnership to deliver the training program (an auspicing arrangement). You need to refer to the program booklets for more details.

Who do I talk to about registration to be a training provider?

The Australian Skills and Quality Authority (ASQA) and the Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority (VRQA) may assist with regulation.

The VRQA website has information about becoming an RTO.

Do schools run VET by themselves?

Yes, many schools are RTOs in their own right.

What delivery options are available to schools and RTOs?

Please refer to the VCAA VET page for delivery options.

Do the RTOs get the same information as schools?

All VCE VET information is available to the public however schools are asked to pass any relevant information on to their RTO.

How do I know whether the RTO will do a good job teaching the students?

All RTOs must meet the requirements of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015or the VRQA Guidelines to VET Providers.

Who issues VET certificates?

The VET certificate is issued by the RTO. The VCAA is responsible for issuing a VCE Statement of Results listing all VCE VET units completed and a separate VCE VET Statement of Results listing all units of competence/modules which have been achieved.

What other organisations provide VET information?